Columbus! Something New 2.22.15
Program 2.22.15: Carfagna's Market, Boomerang Room, Whole World Natural Restaurant & Bakery, and Eclectiques Antique Mall.
Saturday: It is time to go away snow! Even the cold and snowy day cannot keep Burke and me indoors for long. After a walk with Nigel, our loveable dog, we walk to our local Anthony-Thomas Chocolates. To me, Anthony-Thomas Chocolates are the best chocolate ever. The first smell as you step inside their shop is heavenly!
Sunday: Carfagna's Market is Burke's favorite shop for fresh meat. The chicken and brats are his top picks! Now to Clintonville-- Boomerang room is a favorite of mine. My friend, Alex, introduced me to this shop. I am always on the lookout for Mid Century Modern furniture (maybe one of these days I will make a purchase?), and Boomerang Room offers MCM and more! Across the street, Whole World Natural Restaurant & Bakery is a tasty stop. Serving vegetarian and vegan food, all can find something fresh and healthy here. Last stop, right next door to WWNR&B, Burke and I browse through Eclectiques Antique Mall. Here you will find over 30 vendors with a variety of antiques and collectibles. Make sure you head to the basement and the second floor for even more selection! ~Amy
- Anthony-Thomas Chocolates: Factory Tours: 1777 Arlingate Lane, Columbus OH 43228
- Carfagna's Market: 405 E Dublin-Granville Rd, Columbus, OH 43229
- Boomerang Room: 3274 N High St, Columbus OH 43202
- Whole World Natural Restaurant & Bakery: 3269 N High St, Columbus OH 43202
- Eclectiques Antique Mall: 3265 N High St, Columbus OH 43202
- After immigrating to the United States in 1907, Anthony Zanetos was an apprentice candy maker in a Columbus candy shop. Read more about this ambitious family: Anthony Thomas Chocolates History
- Carfagna's original market was established in Columbus in 1937! Wow! Talk about history, read more about Carfagna's story.
- WOSU Public Media has a wonderful series Columbus Neighborhoods. Check for the Clintonville program.
- Boomerang Room has been in Columbus and Central OH for 16 years! Now open is their expansion gallery, RoundAbout Furnishings.
- In addition to the items on the menu, be sure to check the daily additions on the chalk board at Whole World Natural Restaurant & Bakery.
- 8,000 square feet of antique and vintage browsing pleasure at Eclectiques Antique Mall. Remember to check out the basement for a ton of vintage clothing!