Columbus! Something New 5.10.15
Program 5.10.15: Ralph Corriveau’s 400 Spring Solo, 1st Annual Columbus Restaurant Road Rally & Food Drive, Buckeye Bearder’s May Meet-Up & Cliff Original, Columbus Underground’s Urban Living Tour 2015
Friday evening Carrigan, Burke and I went to Ralph Corriveau's 400 Spring Solo. He had a new display of art on the second floor of the 400 W. Rich St. building. We enjoy Ralph's photos and are happy to support this artist! Friday nights are hoppin' in east Franklinton!
Saturday was the 1st Annual Columbus Restaurant Road Rally & Food Drive. Juli and Scott organized this race around Columbus, and provided an opportunity to not only try new foods but raise awareness about food insecurities in Columbus. Our team consisted of Carrigan, her friend and Juli's daughter Zoe, Burke and me. The stops we made:
- North Market for Destination Donuts for a donut
- The near east side to Mt Vernon Avenue where we stopped at Chef Butcher's Creole Kitchen for a bag of fresh chips
- Olde Towne East to L'appat Patisserie & Cafe for a cookie
- North to Cleveland and 270 for Wycliff's Kitchen to try samosas and in the same center we had tostadas at Taqueria Guadalajara
- Tea Zone Bakery & Cafe on Olentangy River Rd, in the small strip mall facing Micro Center, for bubble tea
- Our beginning and ending meeting location was Hofbräuhaus Columbus
- (There were five more stops, but Burke and I were ready to meet the group back at Hofbräuhaus for some beer! )
During the rally, we traveled quickly from stop to stop, and only had the opportunity to chat with one owner: Wycliff of Wycliff's Kitchen. Wycliff shared with us he strives to keep his menu authentic! This Kenyan restaurant shares a kitchen with an Indian Restaurant, so you must ask for the Kenyan menu when you visit. I believe it would be wonderful to visit Wycliff Kitchen again with our friend Juli, and we can introduce you to Wycliff! Check out Wycliff Kitchen's facebook page for beautiful images of delicious food!
Coming up this week, Burke and I will attend Buckeye Bearder's May Meet-Up at Actual Brewing. This group is sponsored by Cliff Original, a local company who makes beard products, and we look forward to meeting them both!
Sunday is Columbus Underground's Urban Living Tour 2015. Burke, Carrigan and I enjoyed this tour last year and look forward to it this Sunday! What a great opportunity to check out new and historic living spaces!