Craft Beer Celebration and the Missing Dr.?
Columbus! Something New 10.23.16
What a difference one week can make. Last weekend was a drag. This weekend was 100% better! Saturday we spent some time celebrating Land-Grant Brewing Company's second anniversary. Burke and I drank some tasty beer, and ate a couple of burgers from OH! Burgers. Land-Grant is one of our favorite places with their friendly faces and great beer! While there we met Jess with Upright Press and we look forward to connecting you to his screen print business soon!
Burke and I headed to the Short North Arts District to Oats and Barley Market where I thought Simply Rolled was going to have a pop up shop. Oops, that was on Sunday. So we walked back to the newly-ish rebuilt Donato's to check it out. See last three pics above for the interior. It was great, I am a big fan of Donato's, Burke ordered hand tossed, I had two pieces, if it were the thin crust I could polish that off by myself. I love Donato's thin crust. Gaahh. When we were leaving, we met a mom and helped her carry her pizzas to an event. As we walked to her event, we learned SHOEZANDMORE MAGAZINE was there and, along with Pursuing Our Dreams (P.O.D.), was featuring a shoe drive. We met Leatha McCarrel of P.O.D. and are happy to tell you about Feed the Streets. Volunteers distribute 200 packed lunches in the Hilltop and surrounding neighborhoods. There is an event coming up on Saturday, Oct 29, and we hope to connect you to P.O.D. soon as we plan to interview Leatha and her son! A great organization with the mission Build Community. Move Community.
Burke and I are so, so lucky to have this podcast and to have many opportunities to meet wonderful people.
We love talking about upcoming events in Columbus. Here are links to help you plan ahead!
- Oct 25 - Oct 27: Candle-Lit Halloween Nights
- Tue Oct 25: Yelp’s Phony Matrimony
- Thu Oct 27: Movie Night - Nightmare Before Christmas
- Thu Oct 27: Opera on the Edge: La Boheme
- Thu Oct 27: The 614 Get Down
- Sat Oct 29: Wolf’s Ridge Brewing, Tap Room Halloween Party
- Sat Oct 29: Bourdain Live in Columbus--Anthony Bourdain The Hunger 2016 North American Tour
- Sat Oct 29: Dia de los Muertos Party
- Sun Oct 30: The Great Pumpkin Smash
- Oct 31 - Nov 7: Tri-Village Restaurant Week
- Nov 5 - Nov 6: Innovation Lab Tour
C!SN is always happy to feature the music of Captain Kidd!