Cream Puffs are My Heaven
Columbus! Something New 8.7.16
Tune in to this episode of Columbus! Something New to enjoy our interview with Alex Young, and Burke and I chat about the Dublin Irish Festival. Featuring Nancy with the Lost Vikings Hoard and Steve with the Big Idaho Potato!
Meet Alex, Nancy and Larry. On this week's podcast you will hear directly from them!
- Alex is an entrepreneur who turns his experiences into life lessons for all of us. Through his blog, The Powerful Mind, we experience these lessons right along with him. During my interview with Alex, he shares four powerful lessons he learned a few years ago.
- Nancy is with the Lost Viking's Hoard. Burke and I chatted with Nancy at the Dublin Irish Festival at the Lost Viking's Hoard historical area. Nancy explained to us the historical importance the vikings had with the development of four current Irish cities, the mission of the Lost Viking's Hoard, and tells us about the Ashville Viking Festival. This festival is held in Ashville Ohio and this year was its 14th event! And who can talk about vikings without singing I Am A Viking?
- Larry drives the Big Idaho Potato. And when I say big Idaho potato, I mean...look at it (see below). We learn from Larry all the good stuff potatoes have to offer, where the best of the best potatoes go, and just what it's like traveling all over the US hauling the big Idaho potato!
It was a great weekend at the Dublin Irish Festival. Take a look at those pictures of the Big Idaho Potato, the Lost Viking's Hoard, Celtic canines, and musicians! First stop for me, however, was to get a cream puff at Schmidt's. When I tell you I could eat at least one a day... I think Schmidt's should have a giant cream puff on the back of a truck and I would drive it around the US and introduce everyone to the happiness a cream puff brings, just like Larry and the Big Idaho Potato. Staying true to what we had promised ourselves last year, Burke and I had another caricature drawn of us! This time, Columbus artist Steve Campbell with Fun Faces was the special person to put our faces on paper!
We love talking about up and coming events in Columbus. Here are links to help you plan ahead!
- Fri through Sep 30: Ohio Statehouse Grounds Tour
- Thu Aug 11: Annual Sassy Do, Speak Easy mash up at Wild Goose Creative
- Thu Aug 11: Pecha Kucha #38 at 934 Gallery
- Thu Aug 11 - Sat Aug13: All Ohio Balloon Fest
- Fri Aug 12 - Sat Aug 13: Annual Columbus Food Truck Festival
- Sat Aug 13: 25th Annual North Market Farmers' Festival
- Sat Aug 13 - Sun Aug 14: Festival Latino 2016
- Sat Aug 13 - Sun Aug 14: Insane Inflatable 5K
C!SN is always happy to feature the music of Captain Kidd!